In 2022, the current average cost of a groom’s cake is between $185 – $215.
- Typically, a groom’s cake served as dessert at the wedding along with the wedding cake
- Most are decorated to represent the groom’s favorite hobby, his occupation, or other interests.
- Legend has it that if an unmarried woman sleeps with a slice of the groom’s cake under her pillow, she will dream of her future husband.
- The tradition of the groom’s cake can be traced back to the Victorian era in England.
Popular groom cake ideas:
- Professional sport team logos
- College sport mascots
- Outdoor or nature theme
- Drinks & cigars theme
- Video game characters
The Groom’s cake is usually intended to be a gift from the bride to the groom. The groom’s cake can serve many purposes, from dessert at the rehearsal dinner to an alternative choice to the bride’s cake at the wedding. It’s customary for the groom’s cake to be displayed next to the bride’s cake.