$1.46 (per slice)
In 2021, the average cost of a wedding cake cutting fee is between $1.25 – $1.72.
- Cake cutting fees are usually charged by a venue when a wedding cake is brought in by an outside bakery not affiliated with that venue.
- By paying a cutting fee, you’re basically paying for venue staff to cut the cake, plate and serve it to your guests.
- Cupcakes are a good way of avoiding a cutting fee, hence their rise in popularity.
- Many venues charge an additional fee to cut and serve the wedding cake when a cake designer is not a preferred vendor.
- How To Properly Cut A Wedding Cake
- One important thing to remember is if larger serving sizes are desired, the order of cutting is still the same.
- Traditionally, the groom feeds the bride first, then the bride feeds the groom.