In 2021, the average cost for a basic day-of wedding planner is between $1560-$2102. Personality, communication style, and local referrals are said to be the most influential factors that brides consider when choosing a wedding planner.
- Nearly 1 in 3 couples hire or use an event planner
- Some planners charge a consultation fee to discuss the opportunity, details, and expectations. Ask beforehand.
- Ask your wedding venue if they have a preferred planner list or in-house option.
$3,988 (full-service coordination)
In 2021, the average cost for a full-service wedding planner is between $3614-$4362. The exact services offered between planners can vary drastically with some luxury coordinators charging in excess of $10K for their professional services. Use this cost as a rough estimate when selecting a planner.
- Generally, June and August will be more expensive for wedding services than any other month.
- Some full-service planners will charge a percent of your overall wedding cost, while others will charge a flat fee as their booking rate.
If you are only interested in having a wedding planner available on the wedding day, a part-time consultant may be a more cost-effective option.