In 2020, the average cost of a wedding reception is between $12,664-$13,548. Approximately 50% of a couple’s entire wedding budget is spent on the reception alone. This is primarily due to the cost of food and drinks.
- The average number of reception guests is 151.
- Traditionally, the reception is the meal and celebration that takes place after the main ceremony.
- In Western countries, during the reception, toasts are made by the wedding party, wishing the couple well.
- Some reception venues do not allow rice send-offs or flower petal throws. Check before booking if you have a specific exit in mind.
- Lovely advice from Martha Stewart: 50 Tips for the Perfect Wedding Reception